Jonny’s passion as youngster was sport or more accurately, following it, as he wasn’t really that good at any of them. However, that did not stop his enjoyment and drive to participate in them. Jonny went on to achieve international honors as a junior skier, and trained in Judo, played Squash and golf, and in his teenage years began playing rugby.
Despite Rugby being his first love, being the wee chubby kid never really worked out too well for him on the pitch, so at the age of 16 he began to garner an interest in resistance training and conditioning to help make up for his physical inequalities. After leaving school he went on to play Senior and Provincial rugby in New Zealand, Premiership rugby in Scotland, represent Scotland at U19 and University levels, and finally win full International Caps for Hong Kong.
He has taken his experiences to help provide an enjoyable training format that focuses on GPP (General Physical Preparation) to provide the trainee with the most rounded fitness experience. This is can be applied to the athlete, the reformed couch surfer or even the rushed-off-their-feet mum. Having been involved in a dedicated full-time sporting environment Jonny is well placed to assist with rigours of providing training programs for all folks!
Jonny maintains a strong interest in all sports, and has found a new love for Olympic Weightlifting, the sport of CrossFit, and just about anything else that involves a ball. He is now just a slightly less chubbier kid, with bigger arms, and likes to squat.
- CrossFit Level 1 Instructor
- CrossFit Coaches Prep Course
- CrossFit Gymnastics Instructor
- CrossFit Strongman Instructor
- CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting Instructor
- CrossFit Football Instructor (power athletes)
- British Weightlifting Association Level 1
- Certified Underground Strength Coach – Zach Even-Esh
- Training For Warriors Level 1 Instructor – Martin Rooney
- NASM ICPT
- IKFF Level 1 Certified Kettlebell Instructor – Steve Cotter
- Certified Caveman Training Instructor – Athletic Performance Inc.,MN
- Charles Poliquin PICP Level I and PICP Level II